So you’re looking for a new rental property or you may have found one, well you’ve come to the right place! At Armstrong Estates we are dedicated to offering expert advice and customer service to all of our tenants.
We aim to help you find your home and move you in hassle and stress free! We want to ensure that your rental experience is exceptional, that you feel happy, content and delighted that you chose Armstrong Estates as your rental agent. We are proud members of ARLA Propertymark, www.arla.co.uk this really does set us apart from other agents, ensuring all are tenants can rest assured they are dealing with
fully qualified staff and company that abides by all regulations.
The Renting Process Briefly;
- Register your details or directly request a viewings.
- Notify us of your interest.
- Confirm rent and preferred term (usually 6 months)
- Referencing forms completed.
- Prospective tenants identity verified.
- Information on referencing forms verified, references checked and obtained.
- Move-in date agreed.
- Deposit taken (bond) and 5 weeks rent rent in advance , tenancy agreement signed (may not have to pay rent in advance if you claim housing benefit/Lha or universal credit)
- Copies of relevant safety certificates issued.
- Keys hand over/move in.
Depending on the level of service your landlord has requested the above may vary, the above is typical of a “Tenant Find Only” service which means your landlord is for the management of your property.
Once you have found a suitable property, Armstrong Estates will provide you with a Tenancy Application Form. This helps explain the next stages of your application.
You will be charged NO fees to apply for and move into a property. We only take a holding fee to secure a property which will be used against your deposit and rent once you move-in. The holding fee is none-refundable if the tenant provides misleading information during the vetting process and a tenancy is not granted, fails a right to rent check or decides to not enter into the tenancy agreement.
Below is a list of our current permitted payments.
Holding Deposit – equivalent to one weeks normal rent (please ask our office for calculation if you need assistance).
Damage deposit – 5 weeks normal rent, unless specifically quoted lower on our advertisements
Lost keys – Receipt cost of supply of replacement keys
Surrender of tenancy – Cost of remaining contract rent
Change to your tenancy contract (Inc. Change of Names) – £50 including vat. Please ask our office for costs in respect to your request.
Late Payment of Rent – Rent falling 14 days overdue will attract late payment interest penalty of 3% above the Bank of England base rate at that time, and may be subject to issuance of a county court summons for the debt outstanding.
Payment of any damages in accordance with tenancy terms are permitted payments.
Other useful guidance on renting costs/expenses
- Payment for the late payment of rent
- Payment for a breach of the tenancy agreement up to the prescribed limit
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television license
- Council Tax and
- Other permitted payments (any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages). Armstrong Estates is a member of the CMP (Client Money Protection) Scheme, and provides client money protection under scheme ‘Client Money Protect’. If you require any further information contact Armstrong Estates direct or via our website.
We require the following ID for each tenant
- Passport/UK driving licence
- X 2 Utility bills from last 3 months
We require the following from the guarantor
- Passport/UK driving licence
- Copy of mortgage statement/proof of home ownership
- Filled in guarantor agreement document
Armstrong Estates aspire to ensure that your rental experience is both pleasant and easy, we want you to enjoy your residency in your new home. Please find some useful information below.
Q. What is your Emergency call out number?
A. Our after hour call out numbers are Ben 07496192203 or Jeff 07949578958
Q. What is a guarantor?
A. The guarantor is usually a family member or friend that trusts you and is willing to help you secure your new home. The guarantor signs a document to making them also responsible for any damage or rent arrears not covered by the deposit.
Q. How long is my tenancy agreement for?
A. The tenancy agreements are for 6 months and will continue on after than on a periodic basis, this means they are long term as long as there are no issues during the tenancy.
Q. Who pays the bills?
A. Your rent does not include any other utilities or charges. All Council Tax, water, gas and electricity accounts are payable by the tenant, as soon as you move in it is best to contact the utility company and put the account in your name.
Q. How can I pay my rent?
A. Payments can be paid by standing order, bank transfer, by card over the phone or or rent collector can pick it up from your address.
Q. What do I if repairs are needed?
A. You can report repairs need by telephoning the office, via email, via our Report a Repair on tab the website or by letter. We will have a contractor with you as soon as possible depending on the nature of your repair but in emergencies usually within 48 hours.
Q. Can I have pets?
A. You must obtain permission from the landlord for pets, this must be submitted in writing to the office.
Q. Can I decorate?
A. We would like you to feel at home in your rented property however written permission for colour changes or decorating would have to be agreed by the landlord. If you require any further information please do not hesitate in calling our office on 01670 854666